The Roundway, Watford, WD18 6LB
Guide Price: £675,000
5-bedroom family house
For sale by owner
Please note that this home is being sold by a member of the Social-Angels team.
Fantastic family living space * Excellent rear and loft extensions * 1500 sq ft * Bi-fold doors to the rear of large kitchen/diner * Spacious family room to the front of the house * Large utility room/home office * Five bedrooms * Two bathrooms (one en-suite) * Double glazing * * Overlooking parkland * Chain free * Sale by owner
This wonderfully spacious and well-presented home enjoys an enviable location with expansive views of “King George V” playing grounds which is perfect for a family with energetic young children. The ground floor of this spacious home features a porch and entrance hallway leading into a great family room. This opens onto a fantastic kitchen/family room with a center island and integrated appliances, bi-fold doors open directly to the patio and outdoor seating area. An 18’10 ft long utility room and home office run along one side of the house, with a guest w.c. On the 2nd floor, there are three bedrooms and a family bathroom with two further bedrooms and an en-suite shower room on the second floor. There is a large sunny aspect rear garden with side access and block-paved off-road parking for numerous cars.
A note from Sarah, the owner
I am Sarah and I am selling my house at The Roundway, Watford, WD18 6LB because I am going home to live in Canada after an amazing 20 years in Watford. It’s a tough decision, but as my family are now getting older as are my folks back home, we have all decided to say our goodbyes to the UK and, in particular, to our lovely home in The Roundway.
My family and I have enjoyed living here and will be sorry to leave the home to which we have devoted many wonderful years. We are right opposite a lovely park and a green belt, which has numerous benefits. It is wonderful to know that The Roundway will always be located across from an area that won’t be developed, especially as Watford becomes more of a continuation of London. The Croxley Common Moors and the Rickmansworth Aquadrome are located along Ebury Way, which runs just past the park and leads all the way to Rickmansworth. I have taken my kids on numerous walks and bike rides along this route. The canal route is another option, and it’s a lovely area to stroll in the summer while admiring all the vibrant canal boats.
It’s a great spot to raise a family and we have made many lifelong friends here, there are 4 primary schools and 3 secondary schools nearby. It takes 20 minutes to walk to Watford Met station taking you into central London on the Met Line.
If you’re interested in viewing my home, then I look forward to welcoming you.
Viewing Enquiry for 19 The Roundway, Watford
SARAH’S DOWNSTAIRS WALK-THROUGH >
About Watford, Hertfordshire
Watford, located in Hertfordshire, England, offers several benefits that make it an attractive place to live. Here are some of the main advantages of living in Watford:
1. Proximity to London: Watford is located just 17 miles northwest of central London, making it an ideal location for commuters. The excellent transport links, including fast train services and multiple road options, provide easy access to the capital city.
2. Employment opportunities: Watford is home to a number of major companies and business parks, offering a range of employment opportunities. The town hosts the headquarters of companies like TK Maxx, Wetherspoons and Hilton Worldwide. Furthermore, nearby business hubs, such as Watford Business Park and Leavesden Park, contribute to the local job market.
3. Education: Watford boasts a variety of excellent educational institutions, including primary and secondary schools, as well as further education colleges. The town is also home to the University of Hertfordshire’s School of Health and Social Work, offering higher education options.
4. Green spaces and recreational activities: Watford benefits from several beautiful parks and green spaces, providing opportunities for outdoor activities and relaxation. Cassiobury Park, with its vast green expanse, woodland areas, and the Grand Union Canal, is a popular destination for residents. Additionally, the nearby Chiltern Hills offer scenic countryside for hiking, cycling, and other outdoor pursuits.
5. Shopping and entertainment: Watford features a vibrant town centre with a diverse range of shops, including the Atria Watford shopping center, which houses numerous high-street brands, restaurants, and a cinema. The town also hosts the Watford Colosseum, a renowned concert venue, and the Warner Bros. Studio Tour London, offering a behind-the-scenes look at the Harry Potter film series.
6. Sports and leisure facilities: Sports enthusiasts can enjoy a variety of activities in Watford. Vicarage Road Stadium is home to Watford Football Club, and the town also has cricket, rugby, and tennis clubs. The Woodside Leisure Park provides a range of leisure activities, including a swimming pool, gym, and bowling alley.
7. Cultural diversity: Watford is a culturally diverse town, with a vibrant community that celebrates various traditions and hosts events representing different cultures. This diversity contributes to the town’s rich social fabric and creates a welcoming environment for residents.
These are just some of the benefits of living in Watford. The town offers a balanced mix of urban conveniences, green spaces, employment opportunities, and cultural experiences, making it an appealing place to call home.